Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client is a real estate investment firm and leaders in the distressed residential mortgage and multifamily and commercial real estate investing spaces. Their investment portfolio has nearly doubled over the past two years and right now, they are looking for top talent to join the team and help them continue setting and breaking company records.
They are an Inc. 5000 company and hire self-motivated leaders who are looking to take their careers to the next level. The individual for the Investment Analyst role will be helping solidify the foundation of, and adding depth to, the company’s analyst function. A successful individual will bring their strengths and knowledge of data analysis, quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, communication, and teamwork to the table from day one.
Our client offers a place to perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy. They are a stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities.
The business consists of top-producing friendly and positive people who live by their core values. They believe that their company, customers, and community can all excel and grow together. You will immediately feel this once joining the team.
As an Investment Analyst with our client, you will play a key role in adding depth to the company’s analyst function. You will be part of a small team of analysts with the main priority of mastering the company’s existing financial models and producing deliverables such as loan bid output, loan forecasted returns, multi-family cash flow modelling, and more. In addition, essential functions will include maintaining and utilizing the risk adjusted portfolio tool, constructing, and maintaining portfolio reports, and working closely with IT and the company CIO to construct and maintain investment screener functionality within the portfolio tool. Carrying out due diligence, surveillance, and administration on company investments such as loans, multi-family, and affordable housing will be key responsibilities as well. a
- Model, analyze, and support potential acquisitions across several verticals, including loans, multi-family, affordable housing, etc., through underwriting, due diligence, and market research analysis.
- Update and maintain the company’s risk adjusted portfolio tool. Develop regular reporting for use at management meetings.
- Utilize data management, statistical analysis, etc. to help construct and maintain a top-down screening model for company investments. Provide support to senior executives with the tracking and screening of new investment opportunities.
- Perform rigorous due diligence of prospective investment strategies, including quantitative and qualitative research and analysis.
- Prepare investment memorandums, present recommendations, and due diligence findings to internal committees and potential investors.
- Proactively identify potential issues and lead initiatives to improve and streamline surveillance procedures. Participate and carry out surveillance and administration, as needed, on company investments, joint ventures, etc.
- Effectively interact with in-house departments including but not limited to accounting, to ensure a consistent understanding of performance expectations, reconcile portfolio returns with accounting forecasted returns and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Review and become an expert on the transaction process and loan documents on all assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, or business analytics required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data analysis and data modeling
- Effective analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SQL or database management experience preferred, not required
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Self-starter with strong multi-tasking skills
For additional information regarding this opportunity, please email [email protected]