Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client is a real estate investment firm and leaders in the distressed residential mortgage, multifamily and commercial real estate investing spaces. Their investment portfolio has nearly doubled over the past two years and right now, they are looking for top talent to join the team and help them continue setting and breaking company records.
They hire self-motivated leaders who are looking to take their careers to the next level. Our client offers a place to perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy. They are a stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities.
The business consists of top-producing friendly and positive people who live by their core values. They believe that their company, customers, and community can all excel and grow together. You will immediately feel this once joining the team.
Essential Job Functions
As the Director of Real Estate with our client, you will be leading the entire multifamily and commercial acquisition process including sourcing operators, deal analysis and structuring, due diligence and negotiating, and assisting in the closings of all multifamily and commercial deals. This will include leading and managing the processes and team members assisting you with deal flow, relationship building, proformas, property walks and inspections, and implementation of a sound acquisition strategy from beginning to end. This individual will play a large role in managing the team and supporting team members to success. In addition, creating feedback and support loops for the team will be critical.
- Develop, continually refine, and manage a proactive multifamily and commercial operator sourcing program, which instills the company’s values and leads to a deeper pool of potential acquisitions.
- Underwrite deals brought to the company by operators and other sources based on research of properties, rent and sale comps, demographics, physical characteristics, and other related information.
- Work closely with the CEO and asset management team member to create and align capital budgets and with 3rd party associates to define and analyze multifamily and commercial investment opportunities.
- Serve as an active participant in the due diligence, structuring, and negotiating processes and be responsible for proforma creation and review, analyzing financing options, operating metrics, and more.
- Close deals by winning over the direct owners or representing agents of multifamily and commercial assets through in-person relationship and rapport building.
- Collaborate with company’s sales executives and others on best practices and enhancements of the company’s deal sourcing and CRM enhancements to maximize efficiency on acquisition opportunities.
- Be the go-to manager by leading your team and helping them to develop the skills necessary for success. When the going gets tough, you will be the escalation point for any internal or owner/agent issues that arise by providing guidance and training to your team for resolution.
- Minimum of 7 years in real estate acquisitions
- Minimum of 5 years in multifamily and/or commercial real estate acquisitions with a proven closing track record
- Track record in sourcing, evaluating, conducting due diligence, and closing multifamily and/or commercial real estate transactions
- Passion and expertise for daily outbound communications via phone, email, etc. Enjoys working with the public either by phone or in person
- Experience with delivering concise and compelling investment presentations to management, board members, and investors
- Someone who takes the initiative and does not need a lot of direction and can be resourceful
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, or Economics
For additional information regarding this opportunity, please email [email protected]