Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client is a real estate investment firm and leaders in the distressed residential mortgage, multifamily and commercial real estate investing spaces. Their investment portfolio has nearly doubled over the past two years and right now, they are looking for top talent to join the team and help them continue setting and breaking company records.
The individual for this role will be helping solidify the foundation for all tax and audit related functions, as well as the monthly close process of multiple entities. A successful individual will bring their strengths and knowledge of business processes, information flow, communication, and teamwork to the table from day one.
Our client offers a place to perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy. They are a stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities.
The business consists of top-producing friendly and positive people who live by their core values. They believe that their company, customers, and community can all excel and grow together. You will immediately feel this once joining the team.
Essential Job Functions
As the Financial Controller with our client, you will play a key role in assisting in the company’s accounting, tax, audit, monthly close, and year end processes across multiple entities. The financial controller position requires candidates to have extensive knowledge of the processes and information flow of real estate investment platforms, and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with peers, vendors, attorneys, lenders as well as investors. Analytical and technical proficiency are equally important, as well as an individual who is confident, strategic, and an independent thinker. As mentioned earlier, our client is rapidly growing and plan to do so for the foreseeable future. This will present numerous growth opportunities for a high-performance controller.
- Establish and manage financial policies, systems, and procedures in accordance with GAAP; monitor compliance and make improvements as requisite.
- Partner with company CFO to lead continuous improvement initiatives for key financial systems, infrastructure, and reports.
- Assist with the direction, ongoing development, and implementation of policies, processes, and systems to build the infrastructure necessary to support a high-growth organization.
- Ensure the integrity and consistency of financial data across financial reporting systems and processes. Support the maintenance of a strong internal control system.
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of K-1s and periodic tax filings, including federal and state income tax returns and sales and property tax filings and appeal.
- Responsible for effectively managing the year-end audit process and the relationship with outside auditors.
- Preparation of financial statements on Tax Basis and Fair Market Value Basis.
- Oversee timely monthly close and consolidation process, in accordance with established timelines.
- Oversee A/R and A/P team and functions.
- Real Estate or Financial/Professional Services experience
- 10+ years of progressive financial/accounting management responsibilities
- 5+ years of management/leadership experience
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, leadership, and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
For additional information regarding this opportunity, please email [email protected]