Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client is a real estate investment firm and leaders in the distressed residential mortgage and multifamily and commercial real estate investing spaces. Their investment portfolio has nearly doubled over the past two years and right now, they are looking for top talent to join the team and help them continue setting and breaking company records.
They hire self-motivated leaders who are looking to take their careers to the next level. The individual for this role will be helping create the foundation for a new vertical for the company. A successful individual will bring their strengths of financial analysis, underwriting, modeling, research, due diligence, and teamwork to the table from day one.
Our client offers a place to perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy. They are a stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities.
The business consists of top-producing friendly and positive people who live by their core values. They believe that their company, customers, and community can all excel and grow together. You will immediately feel this once joining the team.
Essential Job Functions
As the Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst with our client, you will play a key role in assisting in the company’s multifamily and commercial acquisitions processes. This position will provide financial analysis to the company leaders and the primary responsibilities will be to research, prepare, analyze, and manage financial information, in preparation for the expansion of the company’s real estate asset portfolio. This will include leading and managing the research, analysis, and due
diligence processes for prospective acquisitions. This individual will play a large role in ensuring optimal investment choices for the company and the career growth opportunity within this new company division will be strong for a successful individual.
- Serve as the main go-to individual for completing proformas that project the financial performance of prospective multifamily and commercial assets.
- Assist in managing an active pipeline of potential multifamily and commercial real estate investments.
- Underwrite and assist in the due diligence process for multifamily and commercial investment opportunities brought to the company by operators and other sources including the underwriting opportunities and risks associated with market demand, supply, net effective rents, occupancy, expenses, and capitalization rates.
- Produce well-organized investment memos for presentation to company leaders and investment committee.
- Manage a due diligence checklist and coordinate third-party due diligence requirements for all acquisition opportunities.
- Analyze and organize findings from the due diligence process including, site visit data, third-party reports, capex requirements, etc., and present findings to company leaders and investment committee.
- Coordinate with the internal team to deliver closing documents and business plans to partners and ensure a well-organized post-close transition process.
- Maintain reporting for company leaders to review analysis, deal preparation, and inventory management prior to and after acquisitions.
- Ongoing monitoring of local and regional markets, and general economic conditions as they relate to the company’s investment strategy.
- Minimum of 3+ years in real estate acquisitions analysis, preferably multifamily.
- Track record in underwriting and modeling of multifamily and/or commercial real estate acquisitions.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in real estate modeling using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with preparing concise and compelling investment presentations and/or memos to management, board members, and investors.
- Passion and expertise for daily outbound communications via phone, email, etc.
- Someone who takes the initiative, does not need a lot of direction, and can be resourceful.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, economics, or accounting; or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred, not required.
For additional information regarding this opportunity, please email [email protected]