Location: Greenville, SC
Our client is a real estate investment firm and leaders in the single-family investment space. Their team, rental portfolio, and market share have grown exponentially over the years, and they plan to continue this growth. They are looking for top talent to join the team and help them continue setting and breaking company records. They hire self-motivated leaders who are looking to take their careers to the next level.
The company offers a place to perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy. They are a stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities. The business consists of top-producing friendly and positive people who live by their core values. They believe that their company, customers, and community can all excel and grow together. You will immediately feel this once joining the team.
A successful individual will bring their strengths of leadership, business acumen, interpersonal skills, and operational excellence to the table from day one. This individual will play a large role in managing the company operations to success and looked to as the go-to leader across all company divisions.
Essential Job Functions
As the Chief Investment Officer with our client, you will oversee all areas of the company’s operations and will be accountable for directing the company’s workflow and organizational strategy across all essential business processes. You will have responsibility for executing daily operations and setting standards for the company to ensure that processes, training, and quality of their services reflect the standards set. Your responsibilities also include reviewing the efficiency of current business functions, improving daily operations, and collaborating with the leadership team to meet company objectives.
This position is a key member of the company’s executive leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO. The overarching goal for this position is to drive extensive and sustainable growth and to execute the vision of the company. You will be relied upon as a change agent for the organization. The ideal Chief Investment Officer candidate will have experience in real estate investing, including but not limited to, real estate acquisitions, sales, financing, construction, and rental property management. They will possess strong team building skills, leadership experience, and can operate with minimal oversight.
- Collaborate with the CEO and executive leadership in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and developing investment goals, processes and strategies.
- Develop, continually refine, and ensure departmental decisions and both short and long-term objectives are in line with the overall business plan and vision. Collaboration with other business segments and divisions will be imperative.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes for current and future investments.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, vendors, and partners, especially in new markets.
- Work closely with senior management team to create, implement, and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems, and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitability, and efficiencies within the organization.
- Oversee company investment strategies and team member productivity, building a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Foster a growth oriented and positive environment, while keeping team members and management accountable to company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Monitor departmental performance via scorecards, establish corrective measures as needed, and use data to prepare both current and forecasted reports to make all departments more successful.
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement regarding investment strategies.
- Full understanding and experience with financial analysis software: Oracle Essbase, Limelight, and Jirav
- Minimum of 5+ years of Chief Investment Officer or a similar position in the Finance department
- Real Estate experience, preferred but not required
- Complete understanding of investment techniques, products, and procedures
- Critical decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on leadership style, motivated to mentor and coach division leaders with experience building and managing high-performing teams, including freelance and remote team members.
- Understanding of business functions such as Finance, Investing, Marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Expert knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Strong teamwork and team leadership skills; cooperative working style
- High level of integrity and dependability
For additional information regarding this opportunity, please email [email protected]