Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client is a real estate investment firm and leaders in the distressed residential mortgage and multifamily and commercial real estate investing spaces. Their investment portfolio has nearly doubled over the past two years and right now, they are looking for top talent to join the team and help them continue setting and breaking company records.
They hire self-motivated leaders who are looking to take their careers to the next level. The individual for the FP&A Analyst role will be supporting the long-range planning and annual budget/forecasting processes, while also participating in intra-year forecasting and analysis projects. The position reports directly to the company CFO. A successful individual will bring their strengths and knowledge of value-added financial research and analysis, income structures evaluation, and creation and automation of business metrics and KPIs to the table from day one.
Our client offers a place to perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy. They are a stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities.
The business consists of top-producing friendly and positive people who live by their core values. They believe that their company, customers, and community can all excel and grow together. You will immediately feel this once joining the team.
As a FP&A Analyst with our client, you will play a key role in supporting the CFO in the development of profit pools and associated allocation modeling, as well as in the creation of forecasting and long-term planning materials for the leadership team. The company has several divisions you will be assisting with your FP&A skillsets. This will provide you with a wide variety of ongoing cross-divisional projects and opportunities. In addition, direct support of senior management when it comes to business analysis and strategic initiatives will provide an opportunity for continued growth and learning.
- Create value-added financial research and analysis while providing the rationale behind reports and analysis, to relay them in simple terms.
- Support Chief Financial Officer in the development of profit pools and associated allocation modeling and in the creation of forecast, plan, and long-term plan materials for leadership
- Prepare and analyze short and long-term company liquidity actuals and forecast.
- Analyze data to prepare proforma/budget to actual analysis, financial forecasts, and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Provide budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed.
- Support senior management in business analysis and strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate with key branches of the company to review and validate financial information.
- Participate in the evaluation of different arms of the enterprise to assess performance and investment justification.
- Evaluate income structure for the capital management arm of the company.
- In connection with above, create and automate effective visuals (tables and graphs) in MS PowerPoint for plan and forecast presentations.
- Lead process improvement initiatives and business metrics development.
- Conduct financial and industry research to identify key metrics and implement process to benchmark company performance on an ongoing basis.
- In collaboration with IT, create and automate a KPI Dashboard for leadership.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in corporate financial analysis, preferably in financial services.
- Expertise in financial modeling and analysis, with relevant work experience leading the creation of financial models.
- Understanding of budget/forecast principles and performance management activities.
- Outstanding problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical capabilities.
- Experience in managing large data sets in MS Excel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting – MBA or CPA a plus.
- Coding/SQL experience a plus.
For additional information regarding this opportunity, please email [email protected]