Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client is a real estate investment firm and leaders in the distressed residential mortgage and multifamily and commercial real estate investing spaces. Their investment portfolio has nearly doubled over the past two years and right now, they are looking for top talent to join the team and help them continue setting and breaking company records.
The company hires self-motivated leaders who are looking to take their careers to the next level. The individual for the NPL Portfolio Manager role will be responsible for managing the company’s portfolio with the goal of achieving projected returns by managing timelines and decisions. The NPL Portfolio Manager also assists with analyzing market conditions and making recommendations to acquisitions team. A successful individual will bring their strengths of analysis, critical thinking, communication, and teamwork to the table from day one.
Our client offers a place to perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy. They are a stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities.
The business consists of top-producing friendly and positive people who live by their core values. They believe that their company, customers, and community can all excel and grow together. You will immediately feel this once joining the team.
As a NPL Portfolio Manager with our client, you will play a key role in analyzing market conditions and managing the company’s asset portfolio with the goal of achieving projected returns. Managing timelines and decisions associated with foreclosure, bankruptcy, and loss mitigation processes are key components of this role.
- Analyze market conditions and make recommendations to acquisitions team.
- Oversee onboarding of new loans including coordination of servicer and custodian kickoff processes.
- Work with servicer, attorneys, and/or custodians to manage foreclosure process and timelines, as well as deed in lieu processes and targets, and curing collateral issues.
- Collaborate with Director of REO Asset Management to determine loan bid amounts, expected cashflow, as well as the best exit strategy on non-performing loans that have started the foreclosure process.
- Manage and control asset level budgets and expenses.
- Help resolve borrower and loan problems, recommend repayment plans, and achieve loan performance consistent with company goals.
- Update and maintain accuracy in databases utilized for tracking the assumption, modification, waiver, and consent transactions received.
- Assist in the analysis and completion of complex loan modification requests.
- Prepare written reports, updates, and recommendations for presentation to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, or economics, preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing residential nonperforming loans.
- 3+ years of experience buying/selling real estate.
- Knowledge of foreclosure processes.
- Effective analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional time management, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.