Location: Greenville, SC
Our client is a real estate investment firm and leader in distressed residential mortgage, multifamily, and commercial real estate investing spaces. Their investment portfolio has nearly doubled over the past two years. Right now, our client is looking for top talent to join their team and help them continue setting and breaking company records.
They hire self-motivated leaders looking to take their careers to the next level. The individual for this role will be supporting the Director of Investor Relations and leadership team to drive new investor growth focused on family offices. A successful individual will bring their strengths of sales plan development and execution, presenting to sophisticated investors, networking, and teamwork to the table from day one.
Our client offers a place to perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy. They are a stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities.
The business consists of top-producing friendly and positive people who live by their core values. They believe that their company, customers, and community can all excel and grow together. You will immediately feel this once joining the team.
As the Business Development Manager, you will utilize your sales and networking skillsets to build and leverage new relationships with family offices to raise capital from them our company. The Business Development Manager will be working directly with our Director of Investor Relations to create and execute a sales strategy targeted toward local and national family offices. As the Business Development Manager, you will understand the mechanic of investing in our various funds, maintain a full calendar of appointments, conduct investor and family office outreach, and present to prospects engaged in your sales funnel.
- Develop a sales strategy consisting of targeted outbound prospecting, leveraging relationships to uncover prospects, as well as attending networking and marketing events to drive department capital raise goals.
- Identify potential investors and family offices to develop proper points of contact, both direct and indirect, to develop direct relationships for capital raising efforts.
- Drive sales results by raising awareness of investments, products, and related services.
- Deliver key company messages through targeted prospecting activities including cold-calling, direct mail campaigns, face-to-face meetings, investor seminars, and attendance at national and regional industry conferences.
- Schedule meetings and deliver clear and concise presentations of the firm’s strategies, capabilities, and investment options to family offices and other large prospective investors.
- Coordinate, prepare thoroughly for, and be fully capable to present to family offices their investment options and the mechanics of the investment.
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise in alternative investments, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments. Utilizes this expertise, along with product knowledge, to be a credible resource to current investors and prospects and to effectively position company products and services.
- Understand the mechanics of investing in our various funds (redemption rights, new investment process, roll process, IRA process, etc.).
- Previous 8+ year track record of outside sales experience required
- Minimum of 4 years of family office sales experience preferred
- Previous experience working with high-net-worth investors and family offices
- Ability to efficiently develop and execute a sales strategy including target research, prospecting outreach, presentations, and closing
- Knowledge of investment principles including time value of money, return on investment (ROI), and the cost of capital
- Exposure to and broad understanding of the US residential real estate market, including conditions, trends, and external forces affecting asset value and profitability
- B.S. Business, Finance, or other degree preferred
For additional information regarding this opportunity, please email [email protected]